1 min read
- What’s the fuss about?
In a nutshell, a prominent secular women’s organisation appears to have been taken over by a religious group who’s core values are not in line with those of the organisation.
This Straits Times article reports on the event which sparked the controversy: Unknowns knock out veterans at Aware polls.
- Who are the players?
- Join Aware here. It’s $40 for 1 year. Membership is restricted to female citizens and permanent residents.
- There is an EGM on Saturday May 2nd 2-5pm. First Choice Auditorium, 3 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh #01-01 HSR Building Singapore.
Popular blog posts on the subject
- Popagandhi – Stop the AWARE Hijacking – another look – punchy
- Ovidia Yu – I want an Aware Reconciliation Too – noted local playwright weighs in.
- Alice Cheong – Alice Cheong In Wonderland – this woman is a machine. She has pulled together lots of information.
- Yawning Bread – DBS Bank’s public hanging – an interesting examination of how DBS got involved.
There’s a lot more out there. Feel free to post links below.