To get files via Bittorrent, simply do the following:
- Download and install uTorrent
- Download and install PeerBlock.
This isn’t essential but it provides an extra layer of security. PeerBlock is a replacement for the previously recommended PeerGuardian.
- Find your files from in a torrent search engine like:
“Heroes Season 2 Episode 12”
“True Blood S02E05”
When you find a file you want click “Download Torrent” or “Magnet Link”. This will launch uTorrent and the download will commence.
- The more people seeding the file, the faster it will download – so choose files with lots of seeds.
The search engine will usually indicate how many seeds there are (ie people sharing the file) as well as leeches (people downloading the file). Together the seeds and leeches make up the swarm: the bigger the swarm, the faster your download.
- If you lose your internet connection before you finish downloading, DON’T PANICK. uTorrent will pick up where it left off next time it is launched.
- Be aware of what you are downloading and avoid sharing copyrighted material without authorization.
Part 2: So you want faster downloads…