So apparently my water kefir rocks some people’s socks and then they want the download on how to get started with their own fermenting.
This list should get you headed in the right direction:
Join these groups on FB:
- Water Kefir / Milk Kefir Grains Blessing (SG)Â – You want some grains or scobies? These people share them.
- Wild Fermentiation – A global group with tons of expertise. They are fermenting the crap out of everything.
- Guthub – A local group that meets up monthly at HackerspaceSG and where you can connect with fellow fermenters who can hook you up with grains and scobies.
Look at these sites:
Also check out the amazing files section in the Wild Fermentation group.
Where to find grains and scobies locally:
- Water Kefir / Milk Kefir Grains Blessing (SG)
- kefirhood – a map of people giving & selling grains and scobies. There are a couple of listings for Singapore.
Where toÂ just buy the ready made stuff:
If you don’t want to do your own ferments and just want to drink the stuff, there are some people selling kefir and kombucha locally:
Bonus tip: If you have the $$$, why not try eat a scoby at Restaurant Andre?