Dr David Buss, a sociologist at the University of Texas, researched 107 couples and identified the key personality traits of adulterers – particularly women adulterers. The key indicators would include positive responses to the following:
- Do they spend a lot of time looking in the mirror?
- Do they arrive late for meetings and for dinner?
- Do they forget to thank friends?
- Do they leave the door open and the lights on when leaving a room?
- Do they play practical jokes even if they hurt other people?
- Are they unsympathetic if they pass an animal killed in a road accident?
- Do they interrupt other people when they are talking?
The personality traits more accurately predicted potential infidelity in the group than social status or how the couples got on sexually.culture