I occasionally experience sharp paint which feels like nails poking into my toenails in the 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th toe of my left foot. It is very sharp and if I get it at night, I can’t sleep until the bought passes.
I’ve failed at googling an explanation likewise my GP couldn’t come up with anything concrete.
- It seems to be some kind of neuropathy / nerve related problem however I don’t have diabetes.
- I have experienced the pain on and off for 15 years.
- It never lasts for more than 30 seconds.
- I can experience periods where I feel it several times a day for weeks then nothing for months or years.
- I can experience the pain at rest or while moving.
- There may be some connection to B vitamins: I have the MTHFR genetic defect which makes it difficult for me to process B vitamins and also causes high levels of homocystein. However I now take Methylcobalamin and Metafolin but still experience this pain from time to time.
Because I’ve found no good answers I’m sending this out into the wild to see what comes back. So share your stories and theories… thanks.health